Medical Office Assistant
- Commensurate with Experience
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- To apply contact:
- Marnie Strijckers
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced MOA with a well-respected Oncologist based in Surrey. Located in brand new offices across the street from the Surrey Memorial Hospital, there’s lots of opportunity to learn and grow within this busy practice.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND SURGICAL CLERICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the computerized scheduling system (Plexia).
• Prepare patient charts for consultations and upcoming surgeries.
• Schedule and reschedule patient surgeries when asked and field questions. Must be able to handle disappointment from patients and be able to have them understand the delay if required.
• This position requires a lot of phone work (more than a regular MOA), co-ordination with surgeons, patients, tests, hospital etc.
• Organize and follow up on tests in a timely manner (MRI’s, CT Scans, Blood work, etc) and be able to be a little assertive in order to get them done and the results quicker.
• Oversee the front desk and ensure everything is presentable.
• Answer the phone and redirect calls as appropriate.
• Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
• Provide support to the Doctor(s) to ensure they can effectively care for their patients including communications, CD’s of images, phone calls and messages throughout the day.
• Medical Office Assistant training or relevant experience. Post-Secondary Administration Office Assistance Certification or Bachelor of Arts degree preferred.
• Would like someone with a minimum 4-6 years’ experience in a hospital or private facility.
• Microsoft Office Certification or demonstrated proficiency and skills.
• Attention to detail and someone who is articulate and an effective communicator.
• Looking for a leader who understands that the word “no” doesn’t always mean “no” when it comes to getting results.
• Demonstrates professionalism & integrity.
• Mandarin or Cantonese speaking would be an asset, or we will consider someone who would like to learn the language.
If you are interested in learning more about this great opportunity, please submit your resume, in confidence to Marnie Strijckers. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.